Pages

Saturday 19 September 2009

Edmund Lord Grey of Ruthyn's Contingent

Poleaxed gives Sir Edmund Grey of Ruthin a contingent of levy archers and levy billmen. I chose to use the Baccus Longbowmen in Jack (WOR1) for the archers and Billmen in Jack (WOR3) for the billmen to differentiate the levy quality troops from the retinue quality troops. To further create the impression of irregular levies I used several different colours for the jacks rather than giving them livery jackets. I am unsure just how true this is to life, but it should give a reasonable impression on the table. The stands do not have flags yet, but they will do shortly. I just wanted to get pictures on the blog now and could not wait to get the flags sorted!

As usual, click the pictures for a larger version.

Levy Archers


Levy Billmen


The Whole Contingent


That's another 8 stands done and just leaves me 16 more stands to complete Edward's command, 112 stands to complete the Yorkist army and 240 stands to complete the whole order of battle. By my reckoning, that means I need to paint 3.5 stands per week up to the end of next year. Better get cracking then! No time to blog, I have figures to paint ...

3 comments:

  1. They look really good, keep going, getting quite excited to seeing the game in 2011!

    Any chance of a stage by stage photo entry of painting one base at some stage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll see what I can do but I doubt it would impress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lifes been getting in the way of things. Ruarigh keeps the truck trucking, I've been away a lot these two weeks my next contingent should be ready by Sunday and I promise I'll post the flags by Wednesday.
    G

    ReplyDelete